You'll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below. Click on the questions to reveal the answers. If you don't see your question below, please contact our student recruitment department at email@example.com
1695 Seward Avenue, Room 219
Bronx, NY 10473
T: (718) 860-8774
F: (718) 860-8777
Schools must receive all applications by Saturday, April 1, 2017 to be included in the lottery. An application mailed and post-dated April 1, 2017 will not be accepted for the lottery. Applications received after April 1, 2017 will be added to the wait list in the order in which they were received.
Kindergarten: 75 seats
1st-3rd grade: 1-5 seats
Lottery results will be available in the week following the lottery. We make individual phone calls to all families whose scholar was accepted. In addition, all applicants receive a formal letter by mail with their status. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-346-6000 ext. 108 if you don’t hear from Public Prep by the end of April.
For lottery results, families can also log in to their Schoolmint account.
Siblings of currently enrolled students will receive sibling preference at the time of the lottery. Two children are siblings if they have the same parent(s) OR live in the same home and custodial care has been transferred to the same guardian(s).
Acceptable documents are as follows:
- Proof for biological sibling preference can include a Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption.
- Proof for a transfer of custodial care must include a Birth Certificate, non-custodial parent affidavit (signed by the custodial parent) and a parent affidavit (signed by the parent).
Find forms here.
Boys Prep Bronx Elementary School gives enrollment preference to students who reside in Community School District 8.
Click here to view the districts our schools are located in.
To check the district in which you reside, click here.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for district preference:
- An official lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential water or utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
Students who reside in approved NYCHA Housing Developments (within 2 miles of the school to which you’re applying) will be awarded “NYCHA” preference at the time of the lottery.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for NYCHA preference:
- NYCHA Lease Addendum
- NYCHA Household Composition Letter
The following NYCHA developments qualify for this preference:
- 1010 E 178 Street
- 1471 Watson Ave
- 941 East 172 Street - Vyse Ave
- Boston Road Plaza
- Bronx River
- Castle Hill
- Clason Point Gardens (managed by Sackwern)
- East 165 St - Bryant Ave
- President William McKinley
- Sonia Sotomayor
- Stebbins Avenue-Hewitt Place
Children who have a parent or guardian that works at any Public Prep school or network office at the time of the lottery will be given enrollment preference. The parent does not need to work at the school to which the student is applying.
- Proof for this preference includes the child’s birth certificate and confirmation of the parent’s current employment.
8:30 a.m.– 1:30 p.m. Wed
Take the 6 train to Morrison Avenue/Soundview then take the Bx27 toward Clason Pt 8 stops to Seward Ave and Rosedale Avenue.