Congratulations to the scholars and families accepted in the 2017-18 lottery!
Applications are still being accepted! Apply Today!
BOYS PREP BRONX | Elementary (K-4) | Will grow a grade each year until 8th grade
Founded in 2014 as the first and only all-boys public charter school in the Bronx. Boys Prep is changing the narrative for its boys by starting their educational journey early to place them on a path to college completion
- Elementary (K-4): 1695 Seward Avenue, Bronx, NY 10473
Siblings of currently enrolled students will receive sibling preference at the time of the lottery. Two children are siblings if they have the same parent(s) OR live in the same home and custodial care has been transferred to the same guardian(s).
Acceptable documents are as follows:
- Proof for biological sibling preference can include a Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption.
- Proof for a transfer of custodial care must include a Birth Certificate, non-custodial parent affidavit (signed by the custodial parent) and a parent affidavit (signed by the parent).
Students who reside in approved NYCHA Housing Developments (within 2 miles of the school to which you’re applying) will be awarded “NYCHA” preference at the time of the lottery.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for NYCHA preference:
- NYCHA Lease Addendum
- NYCHA Household Composition Letter
Approved NYCHA Housing Developments for Boys Prep:
|1471 Watson Ave|
|Monsignor E. Roberts Moore|
|President John Adams|
|President William McKinley|
|Saint Mary's Park|
|South Bronx Area(Site 402)|
|Stebbins Avenue-Hewitt Place|
|Union Avenue-East 163rd Street|
Boys Prep Bronx Elementary School gives enrollment preference to students who reside in Community School District 8.
Click here to view the districts our schools are located in.
To check the district in which you reside, click here.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for district preference:
- An official lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential water or utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
Children who have a parent or guardian that works at any Public Prep school or network office at the time of the lottery will be given enrollment preference. The parent does not need to work at the school to which the student is applying.
- Proof for this preference includes the child’s birth certificate and confirmation of the parent’s current employment.
Download Center ("Supporting Preference Documents")
|2017-18 Application||English — Spanish|
|Boys Prep FAQ||English — Spanish|
|Non-Parent Custodian Affidavit||English — Spanish|
|Parent Affidavit- To Transfer Custodial Care||English — Spanish|
|Parent Affidavit of Residency||English — Spanish|
|NYC Department of Education School Search||Find your district here.|
All documentation for sibling, NYCHA, district, and/or children of staff preferences must be submitted by Saturday, April 1, 2017. All documents should have the student's name as well as the school and grade you are applying to in the top right corner. You can submit these documents:
Via SchoolAdmin: Upload your documents directly to your online application by logging into your account.
Via email: Enroll@publicprep.org
Via fax: (212)346-9096 Attn: Student Recruitment
In person: You can drop off your documentation at any of our schools during school hours.
By mail: Public Prep Network, 441 East 148th Street, Bronx, NY 10455
If you are interested in applying for this school year (2016-17), please contact our Student Recruitment Team at email@example.com or 212-346-6000 x108.